header image

Blog #2 Trachtenberg and Whitman

Trachtenberg’s in his reading he is showing us how a camera is an important object in our lives. How photographs are the popular historicism at our era; “they confer nothing less than reality itself”. I think this is a really strong quote Trachtenberg uses to tell us that camera is another way to capture reality in our lives. He also tells us how photography plays an important role in wars. Also by looking at the photographs you can tell what was going on at that time of period. Some photographers use old images and use present to describe the events form past. He also mentions that Brady was the first one to bring camera or photography to “cover the war at front”. He tells us a lot about Brady how he sold his photographs under his name. Brady names his photographs under a distinct context for example “Civil War Photographs”. He was also brought up in New York Times and was really appreciated for the work he did. Brady played an important role through out the civil war.
I was a little confused reading Specimen Days, I think he is trying to visualize us the place called Down in the woods. He’s being very descriptive about everything is sees. He doesn’t really mention anything about photography, I think he prefers seeing and observing thinks rather than capturing them.

Trachtenberg’s in his reading he is showing us how a camera is an important object in our lives. How photographs are the popular historicism at our era; “they confer nothing less than reality itself.” I think this is a really strong quote Trachtenberg uses to tell us that camera is another way to capture reality in our lives. He also tells us how photography plays an important role in wars. Also by looking at the photographs you can tell what was going on at that time of period. Some photographers use old images and use present to describe the events form past. He also mentions that Brady was the first one to bring camera or photography to “cover the war at front”. He tells us a lot about Brady how he sold his photographs under his name. Brady names his photographs under a distinct context for example “Civil War Photographs”. He was also brought up in New York Times and was really appreciated for the work he did. Brady played an important role through out the civil war.

I was a little confused reading Specimen Days, I think he is trying to visualize us the place called Down in the woods. He’s being very descriptive about everything is sees. He doesn’t really mention anything about photography, I think he prefers seeing and observing things rather than capturing them.

~ by rida on February 24, 2011.